Where do I begin? Last Saturday, I turned 30. Woke up just like it was another day and Craig had bought me a coffee mug for my birthday. Yeah. That was a nice, thoughtful gift. After smothering Carter with kisses, I got dressed for the day and my parents took us out to a little, outdoor cafe for breakfast. We ate our yummy, delicious breakfasts and drank a few mimosas and, feeling a little buzz, I looked over to Craig. He was being rather quiet and seemed a little distant. I started razzing him a little bit about what I thought was his need for a cigarette. He has been promising to quit and since I had a few drinks, I took the opportunity to give him a little grief and said, "You don't need another cigarette. You just had one before we ate and Carter wants you to be around for HIS 30th birthday. I think you can go without it." Then, Craig seemed like he was looking deep, deep into me and said, "I know I'm hard to live with...." and stopped suddenly as his eyes welled up with tears. Thinking we were about to get into an argument about smoking, I immediately brushed his cheek with my hand and apologized for my comment and he pushed my hand away.
"I know I'm hard to live with, but you and Carter are my world and I love you both so much...." he paused, dropped to one knee, pulled a little black box out of his pocket and said, "Will you be my wife?"
I could not even attempt to stop the flood of happy tears pouring from my eyes. Inside the box was the most perfect ring that I could ever imagine. A solitaire 1/2 carat diamond set in a white gold band; just my style.
OF COURSE I SAID "YES"!!! Did you really even have to ask, guys?? Seriously??
When all the excitement and cheers from the other customers had subsided, we paid the bill and headed back across the bridge to look at a home for rent as the lease is up soon.
Cute little mobile home in a gated community with a pool and very affordable. We walked through and I fell in love with it. Two bedrooms, two full baths, spacious kitchen, pet friendly, 2 playgrounds and of course the pool! Where do I sign the lease?!?!
The next day, Craig and I went to a hotel in a city about 45 minutes away to celebrate my birthday alone. Carter stayed at home with my parents and the babysitter, Allie. It had been awhile since we were able to cut loose and drink together so, we walked around town drinking at every bar we could before calling my brother for a ride back. In my drunken state, I hadn't realized that we were, literally only 2 blocks from our hotel at that point. Oh well! At least I didn't have to stumble for those two blocks!! :)
The next morning, (Memorial Day) we had breakfast, checked out of the hotel and headed home to relax before returning to the grind the following day.
My head was such aflutter with all the excitement that the week flew by. We had dropped my ring off for sizing on Saturday, so I hadn't even announced on any social media networking sites. I wanted to wait until it was back home on my finger before telling people. Of course, I texted a few people ahead of time! I couldn't wait to tell Phoebe!!
In the meantime, we decided to not only take the place that we had looked at on Saturday, but we were going to buy it! That's right! We now are engaged and own a home!!!!!
What a whirlwind of a week it has been!!!!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment