Where did I go wrong? I had such a promising future back in high school. I was the one that was going to make it. I was going to go the distance.
Well, let's take a moment to focus on the positive, then, eh?
** I did succeed in getting out of the wretched, farm town I grew up in. Never had to go back since graduation. Okay. Score.
** I'm not stuck waiting tables at a diner trying to make ends meet. Score.
** I may not have a college degree, but I have a decent paying job that I am good at and the higher ups appreciate me. Score.
** Despite the odds working against me in being from that putrid small town, I didn't end up a single mother with four kids at the age of 25. Score.
** I do have an amazing son that teaches me more about myself all the time even though he is 18 months. Score. Score. Score.
** I am involved with someone that accepts me for who I am, doesn't beat me, doesn't cheat on me, appreciates me, and doesn't have a substance abuse problem. Quadruple Score.
** I did manage to move 1,500 miles from that horrible, closed-minded place I grew up in (which is a thousand times further than most people I went to school with.). SCORE!!!!
You know what?? I MADE IT! I made it to 30! There have been some hella obstacles along the way, but here I am. Stronger than I was. Wiser than I once was. Constantly moving forward and staying happy.
Screw this horrible mood: I'M HAPPY! I'M EXCITED! THIRTY DOESN'T SCARE ME! THIRTY IS JUST ANOTHER NUMBER; ANOTHER ACCOMPLISHMENT IN MY LIFE.
'I Made It'
Kevin Rudolph
"I look up to the sky
and now the World is mine
Ive known it all my life
I made it, I made it!
I used to dream about, the life Im living now
I know that theres no doubt.
I made it, I made it!
Known from the city where no one believed in me
but I never give up the fight.
Ya, but now on top.
I told you to let it rock
The moneys fallin from the sky-y-y-y-y
I made it.
I look up to the sky
and now the World is mine
Ive known it all my life
I made it, I made it!
I used to dream about, the life Im living now
I know that theres no doubt.
I made it, I made it!"

No comments:
Post a Comment