Monday, November 16, 2009

Tired of working and then there's Pheobe

I am beginning the most treacherous of work-weeks yet. I am starting by working a midnight shift until 7am at one job followed by a 10a-4p at my other job--followed by another 11p-7a followed by another 10a-4p followed by another 10a-4p and 10a-4p and two other 11p-7a shifts....I am going to be dead on my feet by the time the weekend rolls around.....
Pheobe's birthday is next Tuesday and I am broke as a joke. I know she's going to tell me not to worry about it as that is how she is but I can't just not worry about it. Pheobe is my BFF and I have never had a female BFF before her so that makes this friendship that more special. It IS on a Tuesday so I know we won't be doing anything too crazy. Maybe we'll go out over the weekend. The Thursday after her birthday is Thanksgiving so that weekend is probably out of the picture as well as far as a big, huge, shin-dig goes. I digress.....back to the issue at hand: what to get Pheobe for her birthday......not a clue. What kind of gift says, "You are the best person ever! Thanks for being there for all my drama this year! You rock! Hope we truly are friends forever! Happy Birthday!!" ??? Yeah, I'm coming up empty too. It would be easier if I had more fund-age. I HATE being broke! Even though I am working hellacious schedules, I am still behind in the cash line....
So...Pheobe. Pheobe is the single most loyal person I have ever known. She does whatever she can to help out but not to the degree where it would jeopardize her life. She maintains her level-headedness. I know I can tell her anything and she will not repeat it. She's always there to listen and only offers advice when she knows that I will hear it. Some days I know that she is the only one that understands me. Sometimes Tyson tries to listen and I have to tell him that I love him but he is no Pheobe. To sum it up, she is the friend that everyone wants but seldom ever find. That is what makes shopping for her so extremely difficult!!
Pheobe and I met circumstantially four years ago and here we are today...almost inseperable. Sometimes I try to keep secrets from her but she knows me well enough to figure them out. Most recently, I crumbled and told her of a love affair I was having. A love affair that I was so sure I was doing a good job of covering up. On nights when I was to meet him, I would tell her I was with Tyson or going to bed early--totally buy-able excuses right? WRONG!! Turns out, Pheobe pieced the whole damn thing together! As far as I thought she knew, I never even talked to this guy! That's when you know you've found your bestie....she knows everything without you even mumbling a word about it.
Pheobe is into the "other realm" so to speak. She reads Tarot cards and has premonitions. I've listened to enough of them and watched them come true to not argue with her and what she "knows". She helped me figure out life. This is my view on life: I believe in re-incarnation. Not the typical re-incarnation. I also believe in soul-mates and these two things are directly connected. I believe that every being is placed on this earth with a mission--a list of things that being needs to accomplish or achieve before they leave the earth. If you die before achieving these things, you will continue to return and live life after life until they are finished. This also includes your soul-mate. Your soul-mate has a similar list to complete. Finding each other is one of the items on this list. You may find each other over and over again in each life but you will only remain together and happy in your final life: The life in which your list is completed. Once that has happened, you cross over into the other side and your soul is no longer. I feel as if Pheobe and I have met in previous lives and she is my "Oracle." She is my constant. My Lighthouse--always there to guide me and help me see what the hell it is that I am suppose to be doing. Her belief structure is quite similar to mine which furthers my belief in it and in her as we had never spoken about "life" in that sense. One day we did. It was right before I decided to leave William. I was sitting in her garage as I often do and we started talking about what happens when we die. I sat there in silent astonishment as she shared what she believed. It was almost identical to what I had thought about life. My theory wasn't totally complete, but what she told me helped to fill in the blanks. That was the same night she read my Tarot cards for the first time. I was in shock as I watched it play out. As she was doing the reading, some of it made total sense and other parts left me bewildered. In the following three weeks, the things that didn't make sense at the time started to play out.....it was freaky. I will never forget that night. There are many memorable moments with Pheobe. Actually, probably 90% of the great memories of the past 4 years had something to do with her I am sure...
So...what to get Pheobe????? How about a nice, warm pair of comfy socks? LOL Winter IS coming!!

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to feed the fish on your way out!

*~*Leila*~*

No comments:

Post a Comment