Saturday, December 26, 2009

Alone on a cold, dreary evening.

Ever since I heard this song, I just imagine it playing while we lay in bed holding each other. I cannot explain the connection that I feel with you. We have never actually "met" in our adult lives yet you consume a lot of my thoughts. I think that we have a lot in common and could get lost within each other. Maybe it's the girl in me, but I think that we would do well if given the opportunity. You know what I mean. The more I talk to you, the more I realize that you and I have so much in common. I read the things you write and I think, "God...he gets it! He gets me!" How can someone that is so distant from me and so uninvolved in my life share the same views and feelings on things? Why does it feel that when I read your writings, you are in my head? Why is it after speaking with you I just want to be near you? We talk about mundane things but yet I cannot get enough of our conversations. Nothing personal is ever really discussed and I feel like we've known each other for more than a lifetime.



Hello
I've waited here for you
Everlong
Tonight I throw myself into
And out of the red,
out of her head
she sang

Come down
And waste away with me
Down with me

Slow how
You wanted it to be
I'm over my head,
out of her head
she sang

And I wonder
When I sing along with you
If everything could ever feel this real forever
If anything could ever be this good again

The only thing I'll ever ask of you
You've got to promise not to stop when I say when
She sang

Breathe out
So I could breathe you in
Hold you in

And now
I know you've always been
Out of your head, out of my head
I sang

And I wonder
When I sing along with you
If everything could ever feel this real forever
If anything could ever be this good again

The only thing I'll ever ask of you
You've got to promise not to stop when I say when
She sang

And I wonder
If everything could ever feel this real forever
If anything could ever be this good again
The only thing I'll ever ask of you
You've got to promise not to stop when I say when
She sang

No comments:

Post a Comment