Thursday, December 3, 2009

Boys and Their Games

I'm beginning to think that maybe I am wrong about men. Maybe they aren't as able to separate relationships and sex as easily as I had originally thought. My first experiment with this was with Leo and we all know how that one turned out---he went window-shopping downtown and casually bumped into the woman of his dreams leaving me a brokenhearted mess sobbing in my coffee. What you don't know is that he came back to me a week later and apologized citing that he had never taken my feelings into consideration nor had he realized that he had feelings for me as well. He "missed" me and wished there was someway he could make it up to me and then shot me that stupid sexy smile of his that makes my heart melt. This time something miraculous happened---my heart didn't melt. Instead, it was shot full of adrenaline and I cruelly laughed at him and told him that this ship of mistakes had sailed out with the Autumn winds over the bay. I told him to get on with his life as I had no room for his lies and self-centered ways. It felt good to see him feel the pain that I had felt when he so carelessly brushed me to the side to pursue Madam Wonderful and all her Perfection. What got me the most about this is the fact that he and she are a couple at this point. He posts daily that he is truly in love with her and never wants this feeling to end. If that is true, WTF is he doing at my door?!?! Simple: he will always want that which he cannot obtain. He likes the cat and mouse game of it all and then is upset when the mouse no longer has a desire to be caught. The cat is now wondering what he missed out on in having a better relationship with the mouse as he has developed emotions and feelings for said mouse. Well, too bad! This mouse has found some cheese that is not perched atop a wood and steel slab waiting to annihilate her.

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to be a dear and feed the fish on the way out!

*~*Leila*~*

No comments:

Post a Comment